Youth Volleyball in Brandywine
Our 8 week clinics meet 1x a week and are offered throughout the school year. During our 8 week clinics, keiki learn the FUNdementals of volleyball with a heavy emphasis on learning proper form/technique. Our keikis also gain experience competing against each other in various drills and scrimmages
Co-Ed Youth Volleyball
- Grades K-2: (1 hour) Passing, Setting, Overhand Serving, Attacking off the toss, 1-2 mini scrimmages.
- Grades 3-6*: (1 hour) Passing, Setting, Overhand Serving/Jump Float, Attacking off a set, Encouraging the use of 3 contacts (pass/set/attack), Team drills and mini scrimmages.
- *Open to inexperienced 6th graders* We are now opening this 8 week clinic to 6th graders with no experience. Learn the fundamentals and basic skills of volleyball before trying out for your middle school! 6th graders will be grouped by age/skill level.
- Grades 6-8: (1 hour)
- BEGINNER: Is your keiki interested in learning volleyball, but feels like (s)he’s “missed the boat”? Worry no more! We have a clinic open to keiki with little to no experience. Keikis will learn and refine their volleyball skills to make them ready for middle school and/or club tryouts! Open to players with little to no experience.
- EXPERIENCED/ADVANCED (program requirement: consistent overhand serve and/or jump float): Our EXPERIENCED/ADVANCED grades 5-8 program is open to current/former AKK players, current “club” (travel) players and any middle “schooler” exhibiting a higher level of play kK’s aim is to take this program to the “next level” and train kK players with a high level of intensity, with a focus on developing well rounded, relentless, and knowledgeable volleyball players. We believe in training all players for all positions (6 rotation players), regardless of size. Expect and hour of relentless hard work and positive intensity!!
- *Grade 6 & **Advanced kK (AKK): (1hr 30min). Heavy emphasis on refining keikis’ existing volleyball skills; encourage 3 contacts (pass/set/attack); refine jump floats; various group/team drills that incorporate the use of 2-3 contacts etc.
- *6th Grade: “Experienced” 6th graders must have completed at least 1 season of volleyball (i.e. BYC, CYO, Keiki Klub).
- **AKK: INVITE ONLY. Keiki must complete at least one 8 week session to be considered for AKK.